- Basic Concepts
- “Race, Ethnicity, Nationality and Jellybeans” (Video)
- “What Is Race?” (Video)
- What is Racism?
- “Racism 101” (Article)
- “Let's Get to the Root of Racial Injustice” (Video)
- Systemic Racism and Institutional Racism (Article)
- Systemic Racism Explained (Video)
- Racial Stereotypes (Article)
- “I Am Not Your Asian Stereotype” (Video)
- Five Latinx Stereotypes in Hollywood (Video)
- “Racism harms black people most. It’s time to recognize ‘anti-blackness’” (Article)
- Reverse Racism
- Reverse Racism is a Lie (Video)
- What did you learn from the resources that you did not know before or that surprised you?
- Using the resources in the “What is Racism?” section, how would you describe the concept of racism to a friend who thinks that it is only an individual, not a structural/systemic, issue?
- How often do you think about your race? In what settings do you think about your race? How comfortable do you feel talking about race?
- Systems of oppression such as racism are often invisible to those who do not experience racial discrimination on a daily basis. Provide one example of how education, government or the media celebrates or rewards one race over another/others. What do you believe can be done to combat this?
- From the Anti-Blackness resource, what statistic stood out to you most and why?
- From the Reverse Racism resource, how would you respond to a friend who says people of color can be racist towards white people?
- What do you want to commit to learning more about with regards to race?
- How will you think differently or what will you do differently as a result of what you learned?