APIDA Excellence: Awards and Graduation Ceremony
Friday, May 3, 3019
Ceremony: U.S. Bank Conference Theater
Reception after the Ceremony: Alonso Family Room, Ohio Union
During this celebration, we will honor graduating students (undergraduate, graduate, doctorate, and professional students) who identify as Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA). These students contribute significantly to the social, educational and cultural fabric of campus life. We are proud to offer this venue in which to recognize their many important achievements and contributions.
**Attendance is strictly for graduating students and their beloved ones and award recipients.**
Graduates must RSVP by March 29, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST: http://go.osu.edu/RSVPAPIDAExcellence19
Opportunities for graduates! To be considered, note your interest while registering
- Student Speakers: One undergraduate and one graduate student will have the opportunity to share a 1-2 page speech reflecting on their time at Ohio State and as a part of the APIDA community.
- Stoles: This will be available for graduating students.
Individual and Student Organization Awards: Like last year, we will also be giving out a number of awards to deserving individuals and organizations. Nominations will be accepted until March 22, 2019. We look forward to announcing the winners at the ceremonies! Click here to nominate.
- Emerging Leader Award
- The Emerging Leader Award recognizes an undergraduate student who has motivated other members of the University to strive for excellence. This individual embraces diversity and servicing humanity through learning, justice and faith. Not only is this individual constantly working to better themselves, but they are also dedicated to the growth of their peers and community.
- Notable Graduate Leader Award
- The Notable Graduate Leader Award recognizes a graduate/professional student who has gone above and beyond to support the growth and development of others of the University. This individual has demonstrated a commitment to diversity, service and citizenship.
- Distinguished APIDA Faculty/Staff Award
- The Distinguished APIDA Faculty/Staff Award recognizes a faculty/staff member that provides outstanding leadership that enriches the intellectual vitality of the campus and the broader community.
- Excellence in APIDA Advocacy Award
- The Excellence in APIDA Advocacy Award recognizes a registered Ohio State student organization in its commitment of service to the APIDA community. This organization has acted as the catalyst for social change and action in hopes of enhancing the university and broader community.
- APIDA Student Organization Of The Year
- The APIDA Student Organization of The Year recognizes a registered Ohio State student organization on their continuous achievements throughout the academic year. The award highlights the significant impact this organization has on the university community and has exemplified good leadership and excellence through their contributions to the community and beyond.
For more information and/or if you have questions, please contact Gelli Ann Dayrit, (email@example.com).