Asian Excellence Awards and Graduation Ceremony
**Attendance is strictly for graduating students and their beloved ones and award recipients.**
During this celebration, we want to honor graduating students who identifies as Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA). These students contribute significantly to the social, educational, and cultural fabric of campus life. We are proud to offer this venue in which to recognize their many important achievements and contributions.
Opportunities for graduates! To be considered, note your interest while registering
- Student Speakers: One undergraduate and one graduate student will have the opportunity to share a 1-2 page speech reflecting on their time at Ohio State and as a part of the APIDA community.
- GraduAsian Stoles: This will be available for graduating students.
Individual and Student Organization Awards: Like last year, we will also be giving out a number of awards to deserving individuals and organizations. Nominations will be accepted until April 7, 2017. We look forward to announcing the winners at the ceremonies! Click here to nominate.
- Emerging Leader Award
- The Emerging Leader Award recognizes an undergraduate student who has motivated other members of the University to strive for excellence. This individual embraces diversity and servicing humanity through learning, justice and faith. Not only is this individual constantly working to better themselves, but they are also dedicated to the growth of their peers.
- Notable Graduate Leader Award
- The Notable Graduate Leader Award recognizes a graduate student who has gone above and beyond to support the growth and development of others of the University. This individual has demonstrated a commitment to diversity, service, and citizenship.
- Distinguished APIDA Faculty/Staff Award
- The Distinguished APIDA Faculty/Staff Award recognizes a faculty/staff member that provides outstanding leadership that enriches the intellectual vitality of the campus and the broader community.
- Excellence in APIDA Advocacy Award
- The Excellence in APIDA Advocacy Award recognizes a registered OSU student organization in its commitment of service to the APIDA community. This organization has acted as the catalyst for social change and action in hopes of enhancing the university and broader community.
- Outstanding APIDA Cultural Event Award
- The Outstanding APIDA Cultural Event Award recognizes a registered OSU student organization on the implementation and execution of a noteworthy campus-wide cultural event. Through this event, this organization has sought to promote informal learning and cultural awareness.
- Student Organization Of The Year
- The Student Organization of The Year recognizes a registered OSU student organization on their continuous achievements throughout the academic year. The award highlights the significant impact this organization has on the university community and has exemplified good leadership and excellence through their contributions to the community and beyond.
For more information, please contact Gelli Ann Dayrit, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Link to RSVP for Asian Excellence Awards and Graduation Ceremony - go.osu.edu/asianexcellence
Link to Nominate for Asian Excellence Awards - go.osu.edu/aeawards