Time: Friday, December 15, 2017 1:55 PM - 2:00 PM
Location: Residence Halls
Residence Halls close for Autumn Semester at 2 p.m.
Preparing for Winter Break
The residence halls will close for winter break at 2 p.m. on December 15, until 8 a.m. on January 7. Students should check-out no later than 24-hours after their last exam (many start moving out on Tuesday of finals week to avoid the rush.)
Before you leave for winter break, take a few quick precautions to prepare your room to be left clean and in good condition:
- Empty your microfridge of any perishable items
- Close and lock all windows
- Close and lock all doors
- Move all furniture and personal belongings away from heaters
- Take out all trash; extra bags are available at the hall desk
- Hang up and put away all clothing
- Remove all personal belongings from the floor
- Remove all personal items from the bathroom
- Take home fish, plants and personal valuables
- Turn off all lights and turn down the thermostat in your room
You are also responsible for your keys over break. Lost keys will necessitate a $150 lock change fee.
Those students not staying in an academic-year building must vacate by this time unless they have signed up online and paid to stay later or signed up for a temporary space in one of the academic-year buildings.
Those students planning to stay for any portion of the winter break who are assigned to an academic year hall listed below, must register online so we can be sure to have your access continue for the break period. Access will be revoked for all students unless they register. Emails were sent to student's OSU e-mail accounts on November 30 with instructions and they have until December 9 to register.
- North - Drackett, Houck, Houston, Jones, Lawrence, Mendoza, Norton, Raney and Scott
- South - Bradley, German House, Morrison, Neil, Paterson, Pennsylvania Place, Residence on 10th, Siebert, and Worthington
- West - Morrill
- Regional Campuses - ATI (Wooster), Mansfield and Newark,
If your plans have changed, and you are not going to be a student at The Ohio State University for spring semester 2018, please contact the Student Life Housing Office as soon as possible so that we can update our records and your university account accordingly.
Please be advised that there will be special traffic controls and/or parking restrictions during autumn Move-Out.
Winter Break Traffic Logistics
As you make travel arrangements for winter break, please refer to the following information and share it with family members and friends who will be picking you up and dropping you off.
- Loading zone use on campus will be limited to 15-minutes to pack your vehicle beginning Friday, December 14 through 11:59 p.m. on Friday, December 15. When you return to campus, the same 15 minute only rule will be in effect Saturday, January 6 and returning to normal service on 11:59 p.m. Sunday, January 7.
- Specific area details:
11th Avenue- Meters along the street will be available for free on Thursday, December 14 and Friday, December 15. These spaces should be used as 15-minute loading zones.
12th Avenue-Some ADA spaces will be designated for 15-minute loading zones. Please ensure that you are using the correct space when parking in this area.
Lincoln & Morrill Towers- The moats will be used as 15-minute loading zones on Thursday, December 14 and Friday, December 15.
- Additional hourly rate parking is available at any time in the local area garages. Please refer to osu.campusparc.com for specific locations.
- Any vehicle remaining in a loading zone after 11:59 p.m. on Friday, December 15 and upon returning to campus Sunday, January 7 will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- All regular university traffic and parking rules and regulations apply. To be clear and to help you plan, please remember that:
- No vehicles may be parked on sidewalks.
- No unauthorized vehicles may park in ADA parking spaces.
- All parking spaces and garages on campus require payment as indicated.
- Please follow the instructions of any traffic control officers.
Add to your calendar