Time: Sunday, November 10, 2019 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Location: U.S. Bank Conference Theatre
50-min screening of the ESPN "30 for 30" documentary "42 to 1" that chronicles one of the greatest sporting upsets in history, when James "Buster" Douglas handed Mike Tyson his first-ever defeat. Tyson was the 42-to-1 favorite, with most fans and pundits absolutely sure that he was invincible. But Douglas, motivated by personal tragedy, fought the fight of his life.
The screening will be followed by a 30-minuted Q&A moderated by former OSU football player Beanie Wells. Buster Douglas is an American former professional boxer who competed between 1981 and 1999. He is best known for his upset victory over Mike Tyson on February 11, 1990, in Tokyo, to win the undisputed heavyweight title. At the time Tyson was undefeated and considered to be the best boxers in the world as well as one of the most feared heavyweight champions in history due to his domination of the division over the previous three years. The Mirage was the only casino to make odds for the fight (all others declining to do so as they considered the fight such a foregone conclusion), and had Douglas as a 42-to-1 underdog, making his victory, in commentator Jim Lampley's words, "The biggest upset in the history of heavyweight championship fights." Douglas reigned as the world heavyweight champion for eight months and two weeks, losing on October 25, 1990, to Evander Holyfield via third-round knockout, in his only title defense.
- Time: Doors open at 5:30PM. Event begins at 6:00PM.
- Location: U.S. Bank Conference Theatre
- Event Format: 50-minute screening. 30-minuted moderated Q&A. 10-minute student Q&A.
- Ticket Policy: Tickets and valid BuckID are required for entry. Please keep in mind that tickets are on first come, first serve basis. 1 per BuckID.
- Transportation: Most students walk to the venue. ADA parking is available. As always, ride sharing services are an option.
- For e-Ticketing questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For press inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Ohio Union Activities Board
Add to your calendar