- Disability Rights Movement (Article)
- What did you learn from the resources that you did not know before or that surprised you?
- Reflect on your day-to-day life on and off campus. Please provide three examples or situations you encounter in which ableism is present.
- From the “Ableist Language” video, how would you start a conversation with a friend who uses an ableist term. What if they defend themselves by saying, “It’s just a word”?
- How do you believe society perceives visible disabilities differently from invisible disabilities? Does this align with your personal beliefs about visible and invisible disabilities?
- What do you want to commit to learning more about with regards to ability?
- How will you think differently or what will you do differently as a result of what you learned?