First-Gen Student Empowerment Series
Being the first in your family to attend college is something to be proud of! There are a lot of other students, as well as many staff and faculty on campus who were also the first in their families to attend. We’re glad you’re here!
If you are transitioning into Ohio State, you might be both excited and a bit overwhelmed. If you have been here for a while you might be finding that there were some things you “didn’t know that you didn’t know.” Or, you might be a student who wants to find a part-time job that lines up with future career goals or are ready to begin looking for internships.
No matter where you are in your journey, you don’t have to go it alone! The Student Life Multicultural Center First-Gen Student Empowerment Series offers bi-monthly workshops designed to provide valuable information, be a caring resource and grow your social network. Our primary focus is to empower you in continuing to achieve your goals.
If a group situation isn’t for you right now, you can also schedule time to just connect with us, or you could check out the First-Gen Community Mentorship Program. Below you will find a listing of our Spring 2022 Empowerment Series workshops.
- Expanding Your Horizons: Learning Experiences Outside of the Classroom
- Take Hold of Your Finances! Strategies for Increasing Your Financial Literacy
- Building Toward Your Career: Part-Time Jobs and Summer Internship Opportunities
- Reflect and Refresh: Self-Care Strategies for First-Generation Students
- So You're Graduating: Now What? - Tips for First-Generation Student Graduates
If you missed our Student Aid and FAFSA informational session on December 1st, you can find a recording for that session here. For more information about the First-Generation Empowerment Series, contact Jayden Messer.