First-Gen Student Empowerment Series
Being the first in your family to attend college is something to be proud of! There are a lot of other students, as well as many staff and faculty on campus who were also the first in their families to attend. We’re glad you’re here!
If you are transitioning into Ohio State, you might be both excited and a bit overwhelmed. If you have been here for a while you might be finding that there were some things you “didn’t know that you didn’t know.” Or, you might be a student who wants to find a part-time job that lines up with future career goals or are ready to begin looking for internships.
No matter where you are in your journey, you don’t have to go it alone! The Student Life Multicultural Center First-Gen Student Empowerment Series offers bi-monthly workshops designed to provide valuable information, be a caring resource and grow your social network. Our primary focus is to empower you in continuing to achieve your goals.
If a group situation isn’t for you right now, you can also schedule time to just connect with us, or you could check out the First-Gen Community Mentorship Program. Below you will find a listing of our Fall 2021 Empowerment Series workshops.
- You Belong Here! Connecting With Your Buckeye Community
- Academic Advisors and Faculty Are Here for You
- You Can Be Successful! Supporting Your Academic Success at Ohio State
- Expanding Your Horizons: Learning Experiences Outside of the Classroom
- Juggling Your Family, Your Job and Your Classes: You’ve Got This!
- Securing Your Finances: Navigating Financial Aid and The FAFSA
For more information, contact Jayden Messer.