Time: Monday, October 14, 2019 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Location: Performance Hall
An exciting discussion on sports, gender, and faith with Olympic medal-winning sabre fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad, the first Muslim American woman to represent the United States while wearing a hijab.
Olympic bronze medal-winning sabre fencer Ibtihaj Muhammed inspires others to challenge the status quo as a powerful symbol of America’s tolerance and diversity. As a stereotype-busting trailblazer and inspirational role model, she is an official sports ambassador, serving on the State Department’s Empowering Women and Girls Through Sport Initiative and talking with young women around the world about the importance of sports and education. Drawing from her triumphant journey and unwavering commitment to her authentic self, Ibtihaj inspires others to overcome any obstacle and pave their own unique path to success.
- Time: Doors open at 6:30PM. Showtime is at 7:00PM.
- Location: Performance Hall in the Ohio Union
- Event Format: Moderated Q&A followed by a book signing.
- Ticket Policy: Tickets and valid BuckID are required for entry. Please keep in mind that tickets are on first come, first serve basis.
- Transportation: Most students walk to the venue. ADA parking is available. As always, ride sharing services are an option.
- For e-Ticketing questions, please contact email@example.com.
- For press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticketing Information: Tickets Required
Add to your Outlook calendar
Add to your Google Calendar