Time: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Location: Third Floor Ohio Union
Announcing the fourth annual Professional Profile Clinic, an interactive event designed to prepare you for the job hunt outside academia.
Postdocs and graduate students will have the opportunity to share their resume, elevator pitch, and LinkedIn profile with professionals and will receive constructive feedback and mentoring on how to improve them. Professional headshots will also be provided free of charge.
We ask that you have all your materials prepared in advance in order to make the most out of the event.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RESUME AND ELEVATOR PITCH
- Resumes can exceed 1 page particularly if the individual has significant experience.
- For resumes think about context and how to best present your experiences. Also, consider if they are all related to the position you want to apply for.
- A link to your complete LinkedIn profile should also be provided.
- Pitches should be short (around 30 seconds). These should briefly summarize who you are, what you currently do, and what you would like to do in the future. Keep your pitch concise and interesting.
- You can find a few good resources here.
Graduate and Professional Students: if you have any questions, please contact Kerry Hodak (Hodak.email@example.com)
This event is a collaboration of the following units: The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, OUAB Grad/Prof, and Career Counseling and Support Services (CCSS) at The Ohio State University.
Ohio Union Activities Board
Add to your Outlook calendar
Add to your Google Calendar