OSQ* Peer Mentorship Program
The OSQ LGBTQ Mentorship Program provides support for LGBTQ undergraduate students through 1-on-1 mentoring and leadership opportunities through:
- Making connections with other LGBTQ students at Ohio State.
- Developing leadership and advocacy skills for the LGBTQ community.
- Supporting peers by fostering a sense of belonging on campus.
- Self-affirming of oneself as LGBTQ and ability to affirm others as well.
- Coming out to friends, family and other folks on campus.
- Accessing resources at the collegiate, local and national levels.
- Understanding how sexual orientation and/or gender identity intersect with other aspects of identities such as race, ethnicity, class, ability and more.
For more information about how to get involved, email Jeff Perkins.
Applications for the 2020-2021 OSQ Mentorship Program have been extended for the semester! Please complete applications online below.
*Please note, that only 2nd years and above can qualify to serve as OSQ* Mentors. Please also note that graduate and professional students do not qualify to serve as OSQ* mentors.