The Student Life Multicultural Center’s LGBTQ Initiatives supports and advocates for the unique academic and social needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) students and communities across Ohio State.
We nurture reflective thought and provide a welcoming and inclusive space for all members of campus to explore issues related to sexual and gender identity, learn more about LGBTQ communities, and engage students in meaningful experiences that promote allyship and inclusion.
For additional information about programs services, please contact Ari Grubaugh.
- Welcome (Back) Mix and Mingle (August)
- LGBTQ History Month (October)
- National Coming Out Day (October)
- Trans Awareness and Empowerment Week (November)
- Queer HoliGay Dinner (December)
- Welcome Back to Spring Fling (January)
- Transgender Day of Visibility (March)
- Gaypril Gayla (April)
- One University, One Pride (June)
Note: The following groups are not an appropriate forum to fulfill class requirements for projects, papers, or other assignments. To find a program that could work for a class assignment, check out our calendar for anything that has a title followed by “DICE.”
- We are still accepting requests for mentees! If you would like an LGBTQ mentor, apply today.
Education and Training
- LGBTQ 101 (DICE) -- 1 hour -- Register at go.osu.edu/lgbtq101
- Trans 101 (DICE) -- 1.5 hours -- Register at go.osu.edu/trans101
- Creating LGBTQ-Inclusive Classrooms (DICE) -- 1-hour and 45-minutes -- Register at go.osu.edu/inclusiveclassrooms
- Safe Zone (DICE) -- 2 hours -- To request, visit Workshop Request Page
The LGBTQ at OSU website (lgbtq.osu.edu) is Ohio State’s one-stop resource for LGBTQ+ Buckeyes and allies. Resources include: